K has made these gorgeous candy cane hot chocolate jars for Christmas gifts this year. Thank you Pinterest and laurenconrad.com for the inspo.
You will need:
– Mason jars
– Hot chocolate mix
– Crushed up candy canes (peppermint) or other peppermint flavoured lollies.
– Small marshmallows
– Gift tags
– Small spoon
-Brown paper or material or Christmas paper to cover lid
-Twine or ribbon
**Tip: You can add anything you like, Eg: sprinkles, cocoa nibs, white choc, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut, chai latte mix.
– Place hot chocolate mix into mason jar. Make sure it is flattened / compacted down with the flat side of a spoon.
– Layer candy canes/lollies and marshmallows.
– Put lid on jar and cover with paper/material. (K used brown paper and a Christmas stamp to decorate.)
– To hold down the paper/material from previous step, use Christmas coloured twine/ribbon and don’t forget to tie on the spoon.
– Write on gift tag with hot chocolate directions (add 2 scoops of hot choc mix to cup of hot water.) and your Christmas wishes.
**Tip: Be creative! Use a large jar & make a Christmas biscuit mix. Would look super cute with a wooden spoon.
We hope you love our first DIY post.